El Dorado, AR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for product selection, placement, and pricing. Negotiates merchandise contracts with vendors. Tracks overall sales performance within their assigned category and develops incentive programs to ensure year to year sales growth while maintaining category margins.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for decision making for Tobacco contracts, programs and new products selection.
2. Establish and maintain productive and insightful communication with all levels of Murphy USA management, supplier network and store personnel.
3. Negotiate contracts to support financial goals and to generate new ideas and programs for the category.
4. Developed and execute annual category business plans. SWOT analysis, sales and margin analysis, and sales and margin growth initiatives.
5. Develop and meet yearly financial budgets and goals for the tobacco category.
6. Develop product assortment, merchandising, planograms, and placements to improve sales and margin for the category.
7. Create merchandise promotions and materials to improve sales and margin for the tobacco category.
8. Manage and establish service standards through a network of suppliers.
9. Provide customer focused support to stores and field personnel for all merchandising and tobacco category issues.
10. Maintain current on industry trends and changes through vendor relationships, category focused seminars, and trade shows.
11. Maximize vendor rebate programs and ensure funding meets or exceeds contract agreements.
12. Tobacco product pricing within Murphy Pricing System.
13. Analyze tobacco category data, develop reports to keep internal business partners and management updated on the health of merchandise products and programs.
14. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 4 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.