Category Manager, Dispensed Beverage
El Dorado, AR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Category Manager Dispensed Beverage will be responsible for the creation and ongoing implementation and execution of all dispensed beverage programs and initiatives. They will lead all merchandising initiatives for these categories and will determine the merchandise product mix, placement, set merchandise pricing and negotiate rates. The Category Manager Dispensed Beverage will analyze existing business and be responsible for innovating and continuous revenue generation from their assigned categories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lead Dispensed Beverage categories as MUSA and foodservice champion.
2. Hire great team of separate Dispensed Beverage associate category managers as applicable.
3. Train and develop team for delivery of profitable results for specific KPI performance.
4. Establish realistic, aspirational, and measurable KPIs for Dispensed Beverage categories.
5. Create scalable Dispensed Beverage programs and initiatives and communicate clearly with stakeholders (OPS, Merchandising, Maintenance, Real Estate) about objectives and KPIs.
6. Continuous evaluation of execution and opportunities for improvement and efficiencies.
7. Responsible for product mix and placement including fixtures and packaging. Creation and maintenance of categories’ planograms.
8. Lead all pricing for optimal execution and profit including negotiations with vendors and retail changes in marketplace.
9. Draft and supply all necessary market operating materials.
10. Oversee national customer and competitor market research and competitive analysis for programs.
11. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 3 years related experience and/or training, and 2 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.