Corporate Store Marketing Manager
El Dorado, AR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Store Manager is responsible for delivering best-in-class customer service through development of the store team as well as execution of Murphy USA's policies and procedures while remaining compliant with state/federal laws and regulations. The Store Manager is responsible for hiring and leading a professional retail associate team to ensure achievement of operational goals and customer satisfaction. This position will ensure that all key tasks are completed on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Uses knowledge of products, promotions and procedures to provide customers with information and identify selling opportunities and resolving any customer issues.
2. Provide fast, friendly, accurate and safe service. Operates cash register, scan items, bag merchandise and make change for purchases as needed.
3. Hire, terminate, coach, counsel, review performance and train new and existing employees.
4. Maintain product inventory ensuring product is ordered, counted and displayed according to established plan-o-grams, conducting monthly compliance checks.
5. Complete necessary steps and paperwork to receive all truck deliveries and ensure merchandise is available to customers.
6. Complete service tickets when needed to resolve problems or issues affecting the store.
7. Complete all task necessary to prepare and open store each morning.
8. Complete bank deposits as required.
9. Complete daily/monthly paperwork.
10. Complete daily video reviews.
11. Maintain/fix store equipment or ensure maintenance of equipment is completed.
12. Maintain a safe working and shopping environment.
13. Use tact and diplomacy to resolve problems with customers, venders, home office personnel, service tickets, etc.
14. Complete store visits with supervisor.
15. Create store weekly work schedules and submit payroll.
16. Administer write-offs.
17. Build and maintain relationships with local vendors.
18. Coordinate food deliveries for outside food services.
19. Read and interpret Profit and Loss Statements
20. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.