Director, Food Service
El Dorado, AR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Director of Food Services provides leadership and management of all food categories. This Director is also responsible for developing food service programs through cohesive collaboration and communication with cross-functional business partners. This position leads the strategy, product diversification, product management, and food quality/safety standards. This position also manages the relationship with vendors, manufactures, and operations.
The successful candidate will be strategic, high energy, flexible to navigate change, thrive in a fast-paced environment and can interpret a P&L. This leader will be a strategic-oriented multi-site operations expert that is results driven and has strong leadership and business acumen.
The Director, Food Service will establish the appropriate operational best practices and process improvements. This professional will provide strategic vision and leadership in addition to operational expertise and general management skills to drive results, develop and lead a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Execute the category strategy to optimize the customer experience, drive consistency and ensure all efforts are aligned with the strategy.
2. Act as business partner to collaborate with leaders from Sales and Operations and the Home Office to execute category plans and develop and implement food service and dispensed beverage programs.
3. Develop strategic plans for program management of food services and dispensed beverages by providing direction and management of people, processes, and tools to support complex programs, initiatives, and projects. From ideation, through feasibility, estimation, approval, initiation, delivery, and closure, and working closely with senior executives, sponsors, stakeholders, and subject matter experts, this position provides the people, disciplines, tools, and best practices, necessary to vet and deliver the desired objectives.
4. Manage delivery of program management resources (people, process, & tools) to large enterprise initiatives (e.g., category, merchandising, product, & equipment).
5. Drive continuous improvement/innovation of program management methodologies, standards, and tools.
6. Drive expansion in food and dispensed beverage categories by building tools and processes across the company to share successes, insights, and reporting on results.
7. Develop and manage food and dispensed beverage categories to drive topline sales and traffic, secure optimal assortment, grow profitability and drive differentiation in the competitive markets.
8. Consults with manufacturers/vendor partners on insights, emerging trends, and competitive environment to inform strategic direction.
9. Meet forecasted goals and create strategy for menus and food service products which are diverse, interesting, and tasteful.
10. Oversee equipment allocation to maximize return on investments.
11. Maintain awareness of competitive market trends of new food service products, concepts, and pricing strategies.
12. Support execution of a food safe environment, complying with Local, State, Federal and food safety policies.
13. Develop, monitor, and achieve all short and long-term financial goals and objectives including sales, gross margin, inventory turn and bottom-line profitability.
14. Create and implement annual operating budget, monitoring results and instituting strategies to maximize sales and achieve profit objectives.
15. Ensure delivery and accuracy of daily, weekly, monthly reporting of all transaction levers for retail operations.
16. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, with a deep knowledge in food service, personnel leadership and project management. Equivalent to a four-year college degree, plus 10 years related experience and/or training, and 5 years related/equivalent management experience