District Manager- Chattanooga, TN
The District Manager is responsible for overall district performance and the direct operation of a group of approximately ten to fifteen stores. As a business owner, the District Manager is directly accountable for ensuring that every site delivers best-in-class customer service, consistent achievement of operational excellence, and professional development of the Store Management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Drive district same store growth to be at or above the previous year.
2. Drive district same store fuel break even to be at or above the previous year.
3. Effectively implement and uphold Standard Operating Procedures to allow for sustainable growth.
4. Drive SMG and OSAT scores to be at or above goal.
5. Ensure new store sites are opened effectively, on time, and fully staffed with trained personnel.
6. Ensure total merchandise gross margin growth per site is at or above plan.
7. Drive promotional sales to be at or above plan.
8. Ensure stores are set and maintained to plan-o-gram.
9. Manage district operation costs to be at or below plan (before maintenance refresh).
10. Ensure district safety results are achieved (Total Recordable Injury Rate).
11. Manage district shrink results to be at or below plan.
12. Ensure store management positions are filled with succession plans in place.
13. Support company initiatives/roll-outs and maintain changes.
14. Ensure store hours of operation are optimized.
15. Identify key competitors correctly.
16. Optimize district-wide market trends.
17. Effectively communicate with the Fuel Pricing and Merchandising departments to ensure margins are optimized.
18. Maintain compliance to fuel and merchandising programs.
19. Effectively administer CTM program.
20. Effectively develop Store Managers.
21. Ensure store teams are actively demonstrating our principles and core competencies.
22. Ensure performance review process is administered consistently and effectively across the district.
23. Conduct effective store visits per company guidelines.
24. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four-year college degree, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.