Financial Analysis & Reporting Analyst II
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
FP&A is a pivotal function that reports aggregated corporate results on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis to senior management, which is used across the organization to measure financial performance, decision-making, and course correcting activities.
The Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst will will research, analyze, organize, compile and report on financial and operational data to provide insights to senior management. This position will have a strong understanding of the data, trends and operational benchmarks that measure financial performance. A successful analyst will prepare reports, develop insights, and craft communications and presentations for Sr. Management, Board of Directors and other Murphy USA departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare, interpret and develop communications around monthly business reviews, annual planning and forecasting processes using data-driven decision making
2. Help develop scalable financial reporting processes by working with functional leaders and other teams
3. Identify and research budget variances, communicating with multiple departments in the organization – collaboration skills are a must
4. Ad-hoc financial reporting as requested by senior management
5. Preparation and reporting around the Annual Financial Plan and 3-5 year business view
6. Preparation and monitoring of department level G&A budgets along with monthly reporting and quarterly forecasting responsibilities
7. Preparation and monitoring of Capital spending along with monthly variance reporting
8. Preparation and continual improvement of summary financial information relevant to BOD level reporting
9. Assist with monthly update and Outlook process, providing a rolling monthly view of the fiscal year’s key financial and performance metrics
10. Develop and maintain working capital and cash flow models, consistent with actual and forecast
11. Calculate and monitor KPI performance relative to incentive plans
12. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four-year college degree, plus 2-4 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.