Fuel Pricing Analyst (Level I to Sr)
El Dorado, AR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
As a Fuel Pricing Analyst for Murphy USA, you will be responsible for analyzing store level fuel sales, margin, competitor behavior and industry information to maximize volume and profit by-site within the strategic framework provided by management. This role will specialize in an assigned region but also have national impact on a periodic basis. The Fuel Pricing Analyst may assist with initiatives assigned to the Fuel Department and should be able to craft/present findings to Fuel Pricing Management. Fuel Pricing Analyst must be willing to work occasional weekends and travel to analyze markets within assigned geographies as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Review store level data, evaluate performance of retail price strategies and day-to-day tactics. Communicate findings to management for direction.
2. Utilizing specific guidance provided by management, execute effective pricing strategies for stores in stable, sensitive or strategically important geographies.
3. Support Fuel Pricing Management with reports, analysis, presentations, special projects and program roll-outs as needed.
4. Maximize strategic opportunities within the fuel category: renewable fuels, spread analysis, competitor offerings, boutique fuel offerings, etc. as per plan provided.
5. Regularly interface with operational stakeholders to discuss by-site performance, identify market changes, resolve issues and implement programs. Typical conversation will be with district or store level personnel.
6. Work on cross-functional projects with other related fuels departments to reduce costs, maximize profits and ensure uninterrupted flow of business.
7. Research state laws and regulations regarding fuel requirements, signage, taxes, credits, grants, etc. while ensuring retail pricing compliance thereto within own sites.
8. When called upon, assist with implementation of refined tools or methods focused on improving the department's efficiency.
9. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 0 to 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.