Manager Merchandise Analytics
El Dorado, AR
Manages team of analysts and is responsible for the data and analytical support for the Merchandising department. Uses both structured and unstructured data to provide presentations, reports and insights on information such as KPIs, SKU and category performance, consumer segmentation, financial data and other merchandise performance metrics. Provides in depth analysis with the ability to structure problems, synthesize findings and recommend solutions. Monitors performance trends and uses internal and syndicated data to predict future trends, their impact to the business and makes recommendations on growth opportunities. This position will work closely with all levels of management and will be responsible for collaborating with cross functional business units to ensure effectiveness of projects and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage the analytics and reporting function for the Merchandise department.
2. Oversees development and operations of databases for information such as financial performance, KPIs, key metrics, store and item level detail, sales and promotions, other performance data, etc.
3. Develop, monitor and report on departmental metrics and initiatives with a focus on evaluating sales, margin and unit velocity performance.
4. Ability to work with large amounts of data and conduct analysis from identifying issues and trends, to recommending solutions.
5. Manage cross functional teams to complete initiatives in a timely and efficient manner.
6. Prepare slides and presentations for senior management to deliver at board and executive meetings.
7. Train staff on analytical tools and techniques to ensure standard approach and accuracy of analysis and reporting.
8. Ability to present complex issues and ideas to senior level management in an easily understood format.
9. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four-year college degree, plus 7 years related experience and/or training, and 2 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.