Network Administrator III
El Dorado, AR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Network Administrator, will be responsible for the administrative activities on the network, including; support, building, deploying and maintaining network environment, while using the latest technology and procedures. The Network ecosystem consists of all the network devices and systems that support the Murphy community and/or business requirements.
Network Administrators are responsible to perform several duties in their quest to maintain the network availability of the organization. They are responsible for ensuring the network infrastructure is secure and available. This position requires at least 5 years of technical knowledge and hands-on experience with both voice and data networks.
The Network Administrator is also responsible for providing subject matter expertise and ability to advise and cross-train fellow engineers and individuals within the Tier 1 and Tier 2 support organizations and will be responsible for resolving elevated incidents as part of the L3 Support Tier.
The Network Administrator will also be assisting the Network Engineers and Architects in planning, designing, and developing the LAN/WAN, server and storage infrastructure installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, operation centers, and communication links.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Install, configure, and support of all network hardware (voice and data).
2. Investigate complex or widespread network related issues and outages, managing escalations to hardware, software, and service vendors.
3. Assist in the designing, evaluation, testing and implementation of network architecture, security, or monitoring changes driven by industry or business direction.
4. Work with third parties and vendors for problem resolution.
5. Lead support efforts for the business and IT.
6. Work with the Network Operations Center to address issues identified in historical trends.
7. Identify opportunities for automation and actively implement code to automate.
8. Develop and update runbooks, publishing them to the knowledge base.
9. Represent Network Changes in the CAB (Change Advisory Board) meeting.
10. Plan and execute network and voice configuration changes to achieve the desired outcome.
11. Perform patching and upgrades of network and voice devices
12. Follow all established Service Management process to perform daily tasks.
13. Perform all activities with a focus on security.
14. Implement solutions developed that adhere to industry best practices which are supportable.
15. Analyze and identify risks/gaps which need engineered solutions to address concerns.
16. Manage and maintain a high availability network and data center environment.
17. Ensure extreme uptime for complete networks services and servers.
18. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four-year college degree, plus 7 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.