Network Strategy & Planning Analyst II
El Dorado, AR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
This role is focused on the network planning components of the current and prospective retail locations managed by Murphy Oil USA. Will work with the Manager and the cross functional team(s) to develop, plan, and implement the overall strategic goals of the organization's retail network, including maintaining analytics that will indicate the probable course of performance for new sites. Will regularly interact with senior management to provide analyses and recommendations in support of new site builds, raze and rebuilds, and performance valuation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the continuous improvement and execution of the network plan for new and existing locations.
2. Collaborates with cross-functional partners to analyze & approve capital projects in relation to new and existing locations.
3. Performs business analysis using various techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining.
4. Determines best practices and develops actionable insights and recommendations for the current business operations.
5. Works directly with the internal or external client to identify analytical requirements.
6. Conducts research and analysis on economic data/trends and provides interpretation.
7. Designs and organizes data into unique report models and generates graphic illustrations of research findings.
8. Responsible for the preparation, coordination, and documentation of financial analysis projects.
9. Provides analysis for forward-looking financial and business-related projects.
10. Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.