Procurement Category Lead I
El Dorado, AR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Procurement Category Lead will support company policy and procedures for the proper acquisition and accounting of goods and services required by the company. This position will interact with all departments with emphasis on ensuring the timely sourcing of goods and services to achieve and improve results in total cost of ownership while meeting all user requirements. Additionally, this position will establish business relationships with both internal and external customers, negotiating cost reductions, and improved service/product performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Establish relationships with external customers/vendors for the purpose of negotiating and purchasing materials, equipment, supplies and services.
2. Manage relationship with a broad range of internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify and forecast needs.
3. Evaluate vendors, quotes, and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
4. Research new products and services as required, gather bids and document the process in a timely manner while seeking cost savings without compromising quality.
5. Manage, track, and monitor supplier performance to agreements and institute continuous improvement and error cause removal actions as applicable.
6. Generate reports and presentations as necessary.
7. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four-year college degree, plus 0 to 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.