Regional Vice President, Sales & Operations
El Dorado, AR
The Regional Vice President (RVP) of Sales & Operations provides leadership and management of all retail operations for approximately 550 stores, 3,500 employees, and $4 billion+ in annual sales. Responsible for driving sales and profitability by leading a large field organization with multiple leadership levels to attain company goals and objectives for future growth. This position is accountable for ensuring that every site delivers best-in-class customer service, consistent achievement of operational excellence, and professional development of the field leadership team (Division Directors and District Managers).
The RVP will execute operational best practices and process improvements throughout the designated region by leveraging relevant KPIs to optimize top and bottom-line results. This leader will provide strategic vision and leadership in addition to operational expertise and general management skills to drive results.
• Provide consistent leadership creating synergies across all functions to ensure that every action that is taken is consistent with the goals of driving traffic, generating sales, and delivering exceptional customer service.
• Act as business partner to collaborate with leaders from Fuels, Merchandising, Asset Development, Human Resources, Technology Services and Marketing to execute operational plans.
• Develop and leverage organizational matrix relationships to collaborate across functions for planning, prioritizing, setting standards and process. Cohesively consult with cross-functional project managers within the PMO to drive enterprise initiatives.
• Strong analytical orientation and mindset underscored by a sound foundation in the metrics of running a P&L. Proactively direct the business and deliver solid financial results.
• Develop, monitor and achieve all short and long-term financial goals and objectives including sales, gross margin, inventory turn and bottom line profitability.
• Oversee, direct, and control all net profit levers and expenditures including payroll budgeting, labor management initiatives to optimize labor hours, and capital expenditure budgeting. Create and implement annual operating budget, monitoring results and instituting strategies to maximize sales and achieve profit objectives.
• Responsible for providing the strategic planning and operational expertise necessary to support the company’s growth.
• Continue to monitor and implement operating policies and procedures that drive change and ensure that sites are operating efficiently and consistently. Implement “best practices” and guidelines with respect to customer experience, sales, site appearance, merchandise presentation, staffing, inventory management, financial control and loss prevention.
• Drive sales strategies and establish a matrix of performance goals. Develop strategies and business processes for handling all retail operations projects aimed at improving the business and gaining market share.
• Recruit, develop, and retain a best-in-class, highly collaborative retail team that operates with clear objectives and strategies in order to achieve goals.
• Inspire and motivate team members; at the same time, develop individual accountability at every level of the retail operations organization.
• Communicate to all staff and site management team members with regard to standards, operational functions and expectations of performance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 15 years of progressive retail store operations experience.