Senior Manager Brand & Marketing Communications
El Dorado, AR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Sr. Manager of Brand & Marketing Communications leads the development of the brand, communications strategy and execution for Murphy USA. This role requires deeply understanding the consumer. As a result, this can be leveraged to create a winning consumer strategy for brand positioning, brand voice and communications development. These defined strategies translate into initiatives that result in accelerated share and profit growth through focused, efficient, holistic marketing plans; enrolling and aligning leaders at all levels in the plans. This hands-on position requires strategy, execution and oversight. A successful Sr. Manager of Brand & Marketing Communications has an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for branding across all consumer touchpoints from promotional materials to crises management to in-store experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and implement strategies that resonate with target market, attract customers and enhance brand.
2. Build brand awareness and increase brand value and profitability.
3. Analyze various social media platforms and website analytics to develop brand position and oversee development of promotional materials.
II. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
1. Ensure messaging and marketing activities are aligned with brand, company values and consumer trends.
2. Control the consumer marketing budget, evaluate progress against plan and recommend corrective action as needed.
3. Lead traditional/digital marketing communications processes across company departments.
III. COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK
1. Create and align senior management to brand strategic plans and vision.
2. Oversee multi-channel marketing comms and serve as the hub for enterprise crisis communication.
3. Support internal/external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material and respond to inquiries from the public & media.
IV. VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER
1. Create Voice of the Customer Roadmap, leverage brand, stores associates and customers to accelerate advocacy and drive differentiation.
2. Analyze various social media platforms and website analytics to develop brand position and oversee development of promotional materials.
3. Build social media presence for brand, provide customer service as a community manager and run social media advertising campaigns that drive engagement by creating high-quality original written and visual content.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Proven success in Brand Architecture, seasoned professional and experience with social media, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as business, marketing, branding, communication, art direction, social media management or related field required. Four-year college degree in marketing or communications, 8+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.