Senior QA Test Engineer
El Dorado, AR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Test Engineer is a vital role for the implementation and establishment of quality processes in our Technology Services organization. This individual will lead efforts for testing in support of the Murphy USA business teams. This role is an active partner in test design, planning and execution working on multiple projects and department initiatives and will be responsible for leveraging industry standard tools and technology in the shaping, development and documentation of software testing best practices ensuring the functional operation of Murphy USA's mission critical Applications.
The Senior QA Test Engineer is responsible to work with the management team in overseeing the day-to-day task management across multiple project test teams and long-term planning for specific business verticals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide guidance and mentoring more junior test engineers as well as test automation engineers.
2. Responsible for the overall quality of T/S projects and changes through execution of all aspects of the Software Development and Testing Life Cycle.
3. Lead, develop, monitor and execute test activities projects and department initiatives
4. Work closely with development and business partners to ensure timely collaboration and resolution
5. Review and understand project or application requirements
6. Prepare test documentation (test strategy, test plan, test summary report, test cases, defects, daily status reports
7. Manage and create test data adhering to best practice and MUSA standards
8. Facilitate daily triage/scrum meetings (as needed), follow defects through closure.
9. Assist in building, configuring and managing test environments
10. Provide requirement traceability metrics
11. Implementing test automation as planned and developed by the test automation team, while utilizing current frameworks and tools
12. Demonstrate thought leadership through identifying process inefficiencies and implementing creative solutions with a spirit of collaboration
13. Develop test strategies and approaches that incorporate multiple phases of testing including unit, system and integration, functional, performance, and regression testing.
14. Develop supporting test plans and implement a strategy for creating and maintaining reusable test data.
15. Create and implement testing approaches of web applications across multiple web browsers and platforms.
16. Develop, maintain and execute test scripts for requirement validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing.
17. Collect performance requirements, along with developing the appropriate performance test work products (test strategies, plans, scenarios and scripts).
18. Support and maintain quality related metrics like unit test coverage, testing progress.
19. Collaborate with project managers, solution analysts, the Quality Assurance team and developers on project and application-level test automation. Help identifying candidates for inclusion in test automation.
20. Automate testing of our products and help shape our CI/CD pipelines
21. Contribute to the awareness of the test automation function throughout IT and the business, communicating applicable testing practices and expectations.
22. Review and maintain all project documentation in accordance with department procedures.
23. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required in such disciplines as Computer Engineering, CPA, etc. plus 7 years related experience and/or training, and 2 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.