Supervisor Fuel Pricing
El Dorado, AR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
As a Fuel Pricing Supervisor for Murphy USA, you will be responsible for supervising analyses, exceptions, and processes across a Region. This role analyzes region-level fuel volumes sold, margins, competitor behavior and demand trends to maximize volume and margins. These analyses are conducted at the regional-, state-, and store-levels; store-level analyses are often in partnership with a Pricing Analyst in determining the optimal tactics for a store. The Fuel Pricing Supervisor also supports the Fuel Pricing Manager in leveraging management reporting to identify exceptions and working with Pricing Analysts to address those exceptions. The Supervisor is also responsible for designing, enhancing, and coordinating business processes for the Region, such as: KPIs and scorecards, scheduling, pricing workflow, training and development, and cross-department collaboration on improvement initiatives.
The Fuel Pricing Supervisor must be willing to work occasional weeknights, weekends, and holidays. The Supervisor also is required to travel to assigned geographies as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Optimize region’s fuel volume and margin results through a combination of analyses, exceptions, and processes.
2. Evaluate and execute pricing strategies consistent with achieving weekly, monthly, and annual performance metrics.
3. Investigate performance exceptions using management reports and work with Pricing Analysts to address exceptions; exceptions include compliance with laws, regulations and internal controls
4. Design, enhance and coordinate business processes for the Region, including: KPIs and scorecards, scheduling, pricing workflow, training and development, and cross-department collaboration on improvement initiatives
5. Maximize strategic opportunities within the fuel category: renewable fuels, spread analysis, competitor offerings, boutique fuel offerings, etc. as per plan provided.
6. Be a subject matter expert on Fuel pricing and analytics; provide recommended pricing strategies to strengthen fuel performance.
7. Contribute to cross-functional projects with other departments to improve volume and margin performance and/or business operations.
8. Effectively communicate with Sales and Operations management to continuously improve fuel performance in the Region.
9. Lead the implementation of refined tools or methods focused on improving the department's efficiency.
10. Take comprehensive ownership of Regional performance, with high degree of independence.
11. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 6 years related experience and/or training, and 12 to 18 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.