Terminal Operator I - Freeport, FL
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Terminal Operator is responsible for the safe operation of the fuel terminal facility consistent with Standard Operating Procedures, state and local regulations. Should be able to life 50 lbs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Safe handling of chemicals and petrochemicals by the way of tank transfers, truck tank loadings and off-loadings.
2. Performs readings of physical gauges and side gauges.
3. Maintain clean buildings and grounds.
4. Preventative maintenance on equipment.
5. Maintain fuel accounting records such as daily inventories and distributions.
6. Maintain equipment records for facility and transfer piping operations.
7. Assist mechanics and technicians in performing mechanical, electrical and instrumentation maintenance as well as general maintenance.
8. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines. Equivalent to four years high school or GED, with particular emphasis during high school in office skills, shop skills, or others, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.